PRIVACY STATEMENT OF “VRV UMUBANO vzw”
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHO WE ARE
- PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
- SHARING PERSONAL DATA
- SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- WEBSITE AND COOKIES
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
- DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
- WHO WE ARE We are the Flemish-Rwandese Association UMUBANO VZW with address: Ter Beke 2, 8570 Vichte and with company number 0434 149 630. We attach the greatest importance to the protection of your privacy and whenever we handle your personal data, we do so in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and the national laws that deal with the processing of personal data. The privacy legislation obliges us to make the information that we share in this privacy statement accessible to you
- PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA Personal data means any information about an individual by which that person can be identified. This is not data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We try to collect as little personal data as possible to achieve our goals. More specifically, we will collect some or all of the following data elements :
- Bank account number
- Amounts transferred to our bank account
- Date of receipt of those amounts
- Any notices on transfers
- Content of correspondence
- Name of the member or donor
- Personal email address
- Home address
- Essential cookies
- SHARING PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED OR PROVIDE TO US Every year we publish a list on our website with those who meet the conditions to be considered an honorary member of Umubano vzw . Your surname and first name and/or Company name will be included on that list. This list is kept by us for a number of years. We may also need to work with third parties to provide certain services. More in particular, we reserve the right – where appropriate – to share your personal data with the tax authorities in order to be able to issue a tax certificate for your donations.
- SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY We want to keep your personal data safe and confidential and have put in place security procedures to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of this personal data. These procedures are functional and technical in accordance with the best industry standards.
- WEBSITE AND COOKIES When you visit our website, cookies may be stored on your computer. We may publish links to websites owned and operated by others. Those others can in turn place cookies on your computer and these are subject to their privacy clauses.
- SOCIAL MEDIA If you use the social media “like” or “share” button that may be on our website or on our social media page, or if you visit our social media page, please know that your personal data will be processed by the social media platform . In this processing, the European regulator considers us and the social media platform both as joint data controllers.
- EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights. You can exercise these rights by contacting our Privacy Coordinator by e-mail to our chairman Jean-Pierre.Roobrouck@telenet.be or via the address of VRV Umubano vzw, attn. the Privacy Coordinator.
- DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY Any complaint or comment can be addressed to the data protection authority at the following address: Data Protection Authority Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels – clic here for their website